Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fox Fails To Apologize For Use Of Erroneous Benghazi Report

CBS has apologized for its erroneous report on "60 Minutes" regarding the attack on the U.S embassy in Benghazi, Libya, which led to the death of a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. In the "60 Minutes" report, security official Dylan Davies claimed that he had been at the scene of the September 11, 2012, attack; on Thursday it was disclosed that Davies told the FBI that he was not at the scene. After the initial "60 Minutes" broadcast, Fox News aired the segment repeatedly. Unlike CBS, however, Fox has not apologized for its use of the discredited story. Instead, Fox ignored the revelations, then claimed that it stands by its reporting. Fox also devoted 28 seconds on the story's collapse, with host Bret Baier telling viewers on Friday, "CBS is backing off a report on 60 Minutes -- we told you about last week -- that relied on a source whose credibility has crumbled." Watch:

No comments: